Boone Area Cyclists and Watauga County Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce the Kids Mountain Bike Camp is back for its fifth year in 2021!
The purpose of camp is to help youth in the High Country become confident and safe riders while enjoying the challenge of physical fitness. We hope they will connect and grow as a community of riders while learning to appreciate and value the outdoors.
Campers will be led by BAC members who are trained to lead group rides. Most rides will last 1 to 1.5 hours and will take place both before and after lunch. Kids will be grouped according to age and skill level. Camp will also include skill-building sessions and technical talks about bikes and their parts.
Camp is 9:00 am – 2:00 pm each day, with lunch around 11:30am. Lunch and small snacks will be provided each day, along with water for refilling water bottles or packs.
Camp will be $200.00 and kids must be family members of the BAC.
Not a member? Join Now! >>
Prerequisites for enrolling in camp:
- Children ages 10 to 15 who are independent on their bike
- Mountain bike in good working order with at least 24” wheels
- Helmet with no visible damage or cracks
- Water bottle on bike or hydration pack
- Clothes appropriate to weather and riding (synthetic preferred)
- A healthy and positive attitude!
Ready to join us July 26 to July 30, 2021?
Registration opens Thursday, June 3rd at 9:00am! >>