Boone Area Cyclists is located in Boone, North Carolina – the heart of the High Country. Organized in September 2009, we are the club for cyclists of all ages, abilities, and styles of riding — commuters, mountain bikers, road cyclists, leisure riders, and anyone else who just likes to ride bikes. We are a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.
Boone Area Cyclists exists to empower the bike community through advocacy, partnership, and stewardship.
- Advocacy: Educate our youth and adult population about the health and environmental benefits of bicycling as well as bicycle safety while riding or driving.
- Partnership: Develop working relationships with private and public entities sympathetic to our mission. Acquire gifts and grants to fulfill our mission.
- Stewardship: Ensure the development and maintenance of bicycling lanes, trails, and pathways, whether paved, gravel or single track.
- Community: Promote bicycling through the creation of recreational and competitive bicycling events as well as facilitate activities, social events, and races that showcase bicycling opportunities in the Boone area.
BAC Annual Event Listing
- Kids Bike Rally (Spring)
- Kids Mountain Bike Camp (Summer)
- CowBelle Classic (Summer)
- Pedal & Paddle (Summer)
- Gear Swap (Summer)
- BAC Camping Weekend (Fall)
- Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day (October)
- Holiday Party (December)
- Thanks to our BAC Partners who have supported us and our events through donations and in-kind gifts.